Welcome to my corner of the web.
I'm Chafic Najjar, a front-end developer working remotely from rural Lebanon.
I run a one-person agency powered by TurtleOS and currently work with Violet where I'm responsible for building the user interface of their credentialing platform.
I have 6+ years of experience building fast, responsive and maintainable user interfaces. Some of the startups and agencies I've worked with in the past include Gradle Inc., Everphone, Maalka, Code for Africa, AP Racing, LNBSR and IdeaToLife.
I also made webcomic.app, a website builder for webcomics.
I know how to:
- Faithfully translate designs to beautiful and responsive website front-ends.
- Write React code for data fetching, state management, routing, SSR and i18n.
- Write clean and scalable CSS with Sass or CSS-in-JS libraries.
- Write semantic and accessible HTML code.
- Set up tools like npm, webpack, Babel, ESLint and stylelint.
- Write useful and reliable tests with Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress.
- Develop intuitive APIs with GraphQL and Apollo.
- Implement website back-ends with Node.js, PostgreSQL, Express and Prisma.
- Integrate third-party tools like Stripe, Auth0, Firebase, Sentry and Cloudflare.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I was inspired to learn how to code after reading Masters of Doom in high school.
- I speak three languages but I'm not a native speaker of any of them.
- I look about 4 years younger than my actual age.
My resume can be found here but I'm not looking for work at the moment.
To get in touch, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Twitter.