Welcome to my corner of the web.
I'm Chafic Najjar, a front-end developer working remotely from rural Lebanon.
I run a one-person agency powered by TurtleOS and currently work with Violet where I'm responsible for building the user interface of their credentialing platform.
I have over 8 years of experience building fast, responsive and maintainable user interfaces. Some of the startups and agencies I've worked with in the past include Gradle Inc., Everphone, Maalka, Tortoise Labs, Code for Africa and IdeaToLife.
I'm also building webcomic.app (website builder for webcomics), comics-jobs.com (job board for comics creators) and illustration-jobs.com (job board for illustrators).
I know how to:
- Faithfully translate designs to beautiful and responsive website front-ends.
- Write React code for data fetching, state management, routing, SSR and i18n.
- Write clean and scalable CSS with Sass or CSS-in-JS libraries.
- Write semantic and accessible HTML code.
- Set up tools like npm, webpack, Babel, ESLint and stylelint.
- Write useful and reliable tests with Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress.
- Develop intuitive APIs with GraphQL and Apollo.
- Implement website back-ends with Node.js, PostgreSQL, Express and Prisma.
- Integrate third-party tools like Stripe, Auth0, Firebase, Sentry and Cloudflare.
My resume can be found here but I'm not looking for work at the moment.
To get in touch, email me at email@example.com or DM me on Twitter.